Posted On: July 10th, 2019 by Gloucester County Government
Library Clerk (Work-as-Required)
Posting is open until filled; however, interested applicants
are encouraged to apply by July 23, 2019.
NOTE: Clerks are scheduled as needed to include:
Working nights and Weekends
BOTH library locations
Under close supervision, performs a variety of clerical and library support activities for the Library by assisting library patrons and maintaining library materials and records. Employee must exercise tact and courtesy in all communication with library patrons. Reports to designated supervisor.
Examples of Duties:
- Performs tasks at the circulation desks; checks library materials in and out; registers patrons for library card; prepares books to be shelved; maintains records and tabulations. Collects fines for overdue and lost materials, and other miscellaneous fees (copier, fax machine, printer).
- Answers phone, opens and closes the library on a rotating shift, and provides assistance to patrons in the use of copiers, computers, printers, and other public equipment.
- Assists patrons with inquiries regarding various topics, interests, and use of library equipment such as online search engines and library databases.
- Provides reference assistance to patrons; refers to other library staff as appropriate.
- Collects books and other materials from book depository, inspects returned books and other materials for damage.
- Prepares carts for shelving and regularly shelves books and reads shelves.
- Based on assignment, may assist with implementing and promoting special programs, events and exhibits, and with processing library materials after they are cataloged.
- Inventories stock of necessary supplies.
- May operate County vehicle to retrieve and distribute inter-office mail, deposit monies, and transport library materials and supplies between County libraries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possession of a high school diploma/GED.
- One (1) year of experience in a customer service environment and some knowledge of Library services.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
To apply on-line, visit our website at: www.gloucesterva.jobs
All Gloucester County employees are subject to being assigned to specific positions and tasks during a "Declared Emergency" as support personnel, by the County Administrator, the Emergency Management Director, or the Emergency Operations Plan (EOP). Once assigned, this would be the same as a regular work assignment and all policies and procedures for duty assignments apply. (Please see Gloucester County Administrative Policy 101.1 - Employee Utilization in Adverse Weather and Emergency Conditions.)
Deadline: Open Until Filled!
Contact: Human Resources