Posted On: September 10th, 2019 by Gloucester County Government
Customer Service Representative
Hiring One (1) Part-time position.
This part-time position works 24 hours/week.
The hourly rate of pay is $15.11.
Our Customer Service Representative performs a variety of customer service duties for the Utilities Department. Work involves following policies and procedures to assist customers with questions concerning service, billing, repairs and general information. Work involves the use of specialty utility related software programs to perform a variety of tasks and reports. Employee must exercise independent judgment, discretion and initiative in completing assignments and handling public contact situations requiring considerable tact and courtesy. Reports to Director of Utilities.
Examples of Duties:
- Answer telephones and greets visitors; receives inquiries and complaints and provides information regarding routine procedures and policies or refers inquiries to appropriate personnel.
- Make necessary changes/adjustments to customer accounts; and prepare cash sheets to send to Treasurer's Office for deposit.
- Schedule work orders for utility crew; track progress and close out when completed.
- Assist customers with processes involved with new service and termination of service on accounts with delinquent balances and maintains documentation regarding the hook-up and disconnection processes.
- Assist with the generation and distribution of monthly water/sewer bills.
- Establishes and maintains various files and accounts; filing and retrieving information as requested or otherwise necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possession of a high school diploma/GED supplemented with courses in office technology, accounting, business or related field.
- One (1) to two (2) years of customer service experience.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
To be considered for this position, online application must have the following: A minimum of 3 professional references MUST be listed on the application. (Note: Professional references are individuals who can attest to your job-related knowledge, skills and abilities while working or in a volunteer capacity and are not family or personally related. Professional references should include job title, company name and address, phone numbers and email address if available.)
Click the link for a complete job description Customer Service Representative
To apply on-line, visit our website at: www.gloucesterva.jobs
Gloucester County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EMPLOYEE UTILIZATION IN ADVERSE WEATHER AND EMERGENCY CONDITIONS
All Gloucester County employees are subject to being assigned to specific positions and tasks during a "Declared Emergency" as support personnel, by the County Administrator, the Emergency Management Director, or the Emergency Operations Plan (EOP). Once assigned, this would be the same as a regular work assignment and all policies and procedures for duty assignments apply. (Please see Gloucester County Administrative Policy 101.1 - Employee Utilization in Adverse Weather and Emergency Conditions.)
Deadline: 09/29/2019 @ 11:00 PM
Contact: Human Resources