Posted On: March 25th, 2019 by Gloucester County Government
Water Treatment Plant Trainee
Hiring Salary - $28,801/yr +/- DOQ
This position is scheduled to work the evening shift starting at 2 p.m. - Midnight. (Depending on seasonal water demands.)
EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN AND ADVANCE!
Gloucester County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Examples of Duties:
1. Trains in water treatment plant operations and laboratory procedures.
2. Assists Class I and Class II Waterworks Operators in their duties.
3. Collects water samples from water treatment plant and water distribution system.
4. Tests water samples using standard waterworks laboratory equipment and records test result.
5. Completes chains of custody and delivers water samples to independent laboratories as needed.
6. Responds to water quality complaints.
7. Performs general facility maintenance, custodial duties and grounds keeping.
8. Maintains awareness of safety requirements for industrial waterworks environments and on-site chemical Safety Data Sheets.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possession of a high school diploma/GED.
- Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Possession of a valid driver's license; possess and maintain a driving record that meets established Gloucester County Driving Standards.
- Pass a post-offer, pre-employment physical. Position subject to subsequent physical examinations to ensure incumbent meets physical job requirements.
- Obtain a Virginia Class IV Waterworks License within (1) year of employment.
- Be able to temporarily or indefinitely alternate shifts with limited notification.
- Must be available to work off-hours due to situation severity or to minimize end-user downtime.
Note: Please see Gloucester County Administrative Policy 620 - Use of County Vehicles and Equipment for driver eligibility and driving standards.
At least 3 professional references must be submitted with the online application to be considered. (Note: Professional references are individuals who can attest to your job related knowledge, skills and abilities while working or in a volunteer capacity AND are not family or personally related. Professional references should include job title, company name and address, phone numbers and email address if available.)
For a complete description and to apply on-line, visit our website at www.gloucesterva.jobs.
EMPLOYEE UTILIZATION IN ADVERSE WEATHER AND EMERGENCY CONDITIONS
All Gloucester County employees are subject to being assigned to specific positions and tasks during a "Declared Emergency" as support personnel, by the County Administrator, the Emergency Management Director, or the Emergency Operations Plan (EOP). Once assigned, this would be the same as a regular work assignment and all policies and procedures for duty assignments apply. (Please see Gloucester County Administrative Policy 101.1 - Employee Utilization in Adverse Weather and Emergency Conditions.)
Deadline: Open Until Filled!
Contact: Human Resources