Posted On: March 4th, 2019 by Gloucester County Government
Performs supervisory and administrative work coordinating and supervising operations, maintenance, and construction inspection duties for the water distribution and wastewater collection systems for the County Utilities Department. Employee must exercise initiative and independent judgment in completing assigned tasks. Employee must also exercise tact, courtesy, and firmness communication with customers, contractors, and the general public. Reports to the Assistant Director of Utilities.
This position is open until filled; all interested parties are encouraged to apply!
Review of applications has already begun.
Utility Supervisor - Hiring salary is $61,016.00 +/- DOQ.
Examples of Duties:
- Oversees and inspects the daily activities of the department's Utility Workers, and Pump Station Maintenance Technicians; establishes operating policies and procedures; oversees and participates in maintenance and repair of various pumps, lines, and fixtures in the County water distribution, and sewage collection system; estimates required materials and equipment needed to complete projects; ensures adherence to applicable safety regulations. Manages personnel directly or through subordinates; hires and trains employees; assigns and monitors work; evaluates personnel; counsels employees as necessary.
- Oversees all preventive maintenance programs for the water distribution and wastewater collection facilities and structures; approves repair and maintenance schedules. Schedules, inspects, and performs preventive maintenance on equipment; replaces defective equipment and fixtures.
- Responds to complaints and inquiries from customers, County employees, professionals, etc.; responds to after-hours calls when needed.
- Solicits competitive bids from commercial contractors, as needed; monitors and manages the work of contractors.
- Manages line location program.
- Assists Assistant Director of Utilities with site plan review; oversees construction inspection and acceptance of new construction; performs GIS mapping updates.
- Assists in managing and monitoring the department budget; purchases supplies and equipment.
- Administers the County's Cross Connection Control Program; conducts inspections of businesses for cross connection and backflow prevention devices, ensures timely testing of such devices.
- Administers the County's Fats Oils and Grease (FOG) Program.
- Maintains a variety of records and prepares reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possession of an Associate's Degree in Management, Engineering, Construction or related field.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of directly related and progressively responsible supervisory and management experience.
- Possession of Class IV Waterworks Operator certification from the Commonwealth of Virginia Board of Waterworks and Wastewater Works Operators and Onsite Sewage System Professionals preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities
- Possession of a valid driver's license; possess and maintain a driving record that meets established Gloucester County Driving Standards.
- Pass a post-offer, pre-employment physical examination. Employee may be subject to subsequent physical examinations to ensure he/she meets job-related physical requirements.
For complete job description and to apply on-line, visit our website at www.gloucesterva.jobs.
EMPLOYEE UTILIZATION IN ADVERSE WEATHER AND EMERGENCY CONDITIONS
Deadline: Open Until Filled!
Contact: Human Resources