Posted On: August 9th, 2019 by Gloucester County Government
Office Assistant Part-Time
Part-time position works 20 hours per week.
Set weekly schedule: Monday - Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Occasionally will work an 8 hour shift based on department needs.
Performs administrative and clerical work for the Parks, Recreation & Tourism department. Employee must exercise independent judgment, discretion, and initiative in completing all job responsibilities. Employee must be able to establish and maintain cooperative, courteous, and positive communications with fellow employees, other personnel, and the general public. Reports to the Director of Parks, Recreation & Tourism and/or other designated supervisor.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Answers telephone and greets visitors; receives inquiries and provides information based on detailed knowledge of programs, policies, and procedures; refers inquiries to appropriate personnel.
- Types, using computerized word processing software, material from typed, handwritten or machine dictation, which requires use of a variety of complicated formats for preparing correspondence, memos, minutes, reports, etc. Assumes responsibility for correctness of spelling, punctuation, format, and grammar.
- Prints and balances daily receipts, including online registrations/payments; issues late payment notices. Prepares and delivers daily deposit.
- Maintains various files, databases, and records, to include Department webpage updates. Serves as recording Secretary for the Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee, Tourism Advisory Committee and the Historical Committee.
- Screens and routes oral and written communications; opens, sorts and distributes incoming mail. Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence; delivers and picks up daily mail.
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of all publications, flyers, brochures, and promotional materials.
- Assists in the preparation of various meetings, special projects and programs. Prepares meeting documents and packets.
- Inventories and orders supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possession of a high school diploma, supplemented by course work in administrative support technology, computer science, business administration, or related field.
- One (1) to two (2) years of clerical/administrative experience.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
|Possession of a valid driver's license; possess and maintain a driving record that meets established Gloucester County Driving Standards.
For your application to be considered complete, you must attach your cover letter.
To be considered for this position, online application must have the following: A minimum of 3 professional references MUST be listed on the application. (Note: Professional references are individuals who can attest to your job-related knowledge, skills and abilities while working or in a volunteer capacity and are not family or personally related. Professional references should include job title, company name and address, phone numbers and email address if available.)
EMPLOYEE UTILIZATION IN ADVERSE WEATHER AND EMERGENCY CONDITIONS
Deadline: Open Until Filled!
Contact: Human Resources