Posted On: September 4th, 2018 by Gloucester County Government
Positions are part-time 20 hours per week.
Evening shifts - Hours are 4:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Under close supervision, performs a variety of custodial duties in the care and maintenance of County buildings and facilities. Work involves using a variety of procedures, power and hand equipment, and supplies to maintain buildings in a neat, sanitary, presentable manner. Employee must exercise some independent judgment in completion of assigned tasks that are subject to inspection. Position reports to Custodial Supervisor.
Examples of Duties:
1. Sweeps, mops, strips, waxes and buffs floor surfaces; vacuums and shampoos carpets.
2. Cleans windows, walls, woodwork and light fixtures; polishes metal fixtures and handles.
3. Cleans, supplies and sanitizes restrooms.
4. Empties trash receptacles and takes to dump site.
5. Cleans, dusts and polishes tables and other furniture.
6. Cleans kitchen areas (counter tops, sinks, tables, etc.) where applicable.
7. Sets up and breaks down conference rooms for meetings, arranging furniture as requested.
8. Cleans and maintains stairwells and elevators.
9. Loads and unloads custodial supplies and equipment on trucks; transports equipment and supplies to other facilities.
10. Secures and locks buildings at appropriate times.
11. Hoists and takes down flags daily.
12. Performs other outdoor maintenance duties such as landscaping and trash removal.
13. Performs snow removal as needed. This may include periods during and after snow events including nonscheduled work days to include weekends and holidays.
14. Sweeps and maintains outside areas such as sidewalks and parking lots.
15. Writes up maintenance issues and safety hazards.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Possession of a high school diploma/GED.
Some experience in custodial work, including the use of heavy floor stripping, waxing, and buffing equipment preferred.
Possess a valid driver's license; possess and maintain a driving record that meets established Gloucester County Driving Standards.
Pass a post-offer, pre-employment physical; position subject to subsequent physical examinations to ensure incumbent meets physical job requirements.
A minimum of 3 professional references are required on the application. (Note: Professional references are individuals who can attest to your job related knowledge, skills and abilities while working or in a volunteer capacity and are not family or personally related. Professional references should include job title, company name and address, phone numbers and email address if available.)
For a complete description and to apply on-line, visit our website at www.gloucesterva.jobs
Deadline: 09/17/2018 @ 12:00 AM
Contact: Human Resources