Posted On: March 15th, 2019 by Gloucester County Government
Clean Community Coordinator
- Position is open until filled; review of applications will begin immediately.
- Part-time, 20 hours per week
- Position offers pro-rated benefits.
- Requires occasional evening and Saturday hours.
Performs administrative and program management duties in the coordination of the services, programs and activities of the Clean Community Program which promotes litter prevention, clean-ups, and recycling. Employee must exercise independent judgment, discretion and initiative in completing assignments and handling public contact situations requiring considerable tact and knowledge of county policies, procedures and programs. Reports to the Director of Community Engagement.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Manages the day to day operations of services and programs, including correspondence, records, service projects, grant and award applications and reports.
- Maintains resource, reference and educational/awareness materials; and maintains and inventories all materials and supplies of the program.
- Produces high-quality informational publications, brochures, and flyers as needed or requested.
- Manages website content, electronic communications and social media outlets for the program.
- Serves as county contact and resource for information related to litter prevention, clean-up efforts, and recycling.
- Serves as county's staff liaison to the Clean Community Committee, an advisory group to the Gloucester Board of Supervisors on matters related to litter prevention, recycling and environmental awareness; and provides administrative support to the committee as needed.
- Works with individuals and groups to promote and support community clean-ups, and litter prevention efforts.,
- Provides information and resource materials as available to volunteers and organizations conducting community clean-ups.
- Represents the County at meetings, workshops, training sessions, and other seminars related to job functions.
- Plans and conducts informational presentations on litter prevention, recycling, and environmental awareness.
- Gathers data and prepares reports, studies, summaries, and other projects needed for program planning, grants and reports using computer and various software.
- Communicates and publicizes the mission, objectives, and accomplishments of the Clean Community program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possession of a Bachelor's degree in a human services field is preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of experience in program management or administration, communications, and/or an environmental field.
Possession of a valid driver's license; possess and maintain a driving record that meets established Gloucester County Driving Standards.
Note: To be considered for this position, your cover letter must be attached to your online application. A minimum of 3 professional references must be submitted with the required information. (Note: Professional references are individuals who can attest to your job related knowledge, skills and abilities while working or in a volunteer capacity and are not family or personally related. Professional references should include job title, company name and address, phone numbers and email address if available.)
For a complete job description and to apply on-line, visit our website at: www.gloucesterva.jobs.
EMPLOYEE UTILIZATION IN ADVERSE WEATHER AND EMERGENCY CONDITIONS
All Gloucester County employees are subject to being assigned to specific positions and tasks during a "Declared Emergency" as support personnel, by the County Administrator, the Emergency Management Director, or the Emergency Operations Plan (EOP). Once assigned, this would be the same as a regular work assignment and all policies and procedures for duty assignments apply. (Please see Gloucester County Administrative Policy 101.1 - Employee Utilization in Adverse Weather and Emergency Conditions.)
Deadline: Open Until Filled!
Contact: Human Resources