Posted On: November 5th, 2018 by Gloucester County Government
Gloucester County is centrally located on the Eastern Seaboard with easy access to the Chesapeake Bay, Virginia's Historic Triangle, and major cities, yet abounds with small town charm and hospitality, while offering a wealth of outdoor recreational opportunities. We are just twenty-seven miles from the Hampton Roads region, a major market on the east coast, and one hour's drive from Richmond, the state capital.
We are recruiting for an experienced, forward-thinking professional with a vision to manage the staff and daily operations of the Building Inspections Department. The successful incumbent performs complex supervisory and technical work managing the Department by administering and enforcing the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (USBC), Commercial and Residential International Building Codes (IBC), Virginia maintenance codes, County floodplain ordinance, and FEMA Community Rating System (CRS) program. Reports to Deputy County Administrator.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume and professional references with their online application. While the position is open until filled, review of applications will begin November 12, 2018. Please see our website for complete job posting and job description. www.gloucesterva.jobs
Examples of Duties:
Click the link below to review the job description for our Building Official position:
Building Official - $79,738 +/- DOQ
- Possession of an Associate's or Technology Degree in Construction Management or Building Construction.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a certified inspector in a local government building inspection division, with one (1) to two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Possession of a valid driver's license; possess and maintain a driving record that meets established Gloucester County Driving Standards.
- Pass a post-offer, pre-employment physical examination and may be subject to subsequent physical examinations to ensure he/she meets job-related physical requirements.
- Possession of Building Official certification from the International Code Council (ICC).
- Possession of Building Official certification from the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD).
- Possession of Building Maintenance Official certification from the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD).
- Possession of Amusement Devise Inspector certification.
- Possession of the following professional designations: Plans Examiner, Combination Inspector, and Certified Floodplain Manager (Association of State Floodplain Managers-ASFM).
Note: Please see Gloucester County Administrative Policy 620 - Use of County Vehicles and Equipment for driver eligibility and driving standards.
A minimum of 3 professional references MUST be listed on the application. (Note: Professional references are individuals who can attest to your job related knowledge, skills and abilities while working or in a volunteer capacity AND are not family or personally related. Professional references should include job title, company name and address, phone numbers and email address if available.)
For a complete job description and to apply on-line, visit our website www.gloucesterva.jobs
EMPLOYEE UTILIZATION IN ADVERSE WEATHER AND EMERGENCY CONDITIONS
Deadline: Open Until Filled!
Contact: Human Resources