Posted On: March 4th, 2019 by Gloucester County Government
Budget and Program Analyst
Performs professional budget and program analysis work to assist the County in improving operational effectiveness and efficiency and to enhance the financial condition of the County. Work involves assisting with establishing and managing the County's budgetary plans, policies and practices to include County-wide strategic initiatives, programs and performance measurements. Employee must exercise independent judgment, initiative, critical thinking, and attention to detail in accordance with established policies and procedures. Reports to the Accounting and Budget Manager.
This position works part-time, 24 hours/week.
Budget and Program Analyst - Hiring Salary: $29.83 Hourly
Examples of Duties:
- Assists in the development of the operating budget; creates budget preparation instructions and provides training and assistance to include identification of programs, strategic goals and objectives, and performance measurement indicators; develops and updates program and related performance indicator inventories; and examines annual departmental budget requests and estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Serves as coordinator for the automated budget and performance management system; administers budgeting software systems and online reporting tools; assists personnel with software issues and training; assists in the development, coordination, and publication of the countywide annual budget and of the various budget documents; develops and maintains budget website.
- Assists in the development of the County's Capital Improvement Plan (CIP); creates the CIP budget preparation instructions and provides training and assistance; coordinates with departments to develop capital project submissions within policy parameters.
- Responds to inquiries related to assigned duties; may assist with presentations to the governing body, committees and/or organizations.
- Prepares financial reports, schedules, resolutions, budget amendments, transfers, journal entries, revenue/expenditure status reports, ad hoc reports, etc. as requested.
- Participates on interdepartmental teams, external task forces, and committees, as requested or assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, public administration, economics, finance or a related field.
- One to three years of work experience in budget analysis, cost-benefit analysis and/or economic and financial analysis; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Note: A cover letter and resume attached to your application explaining your reason for interest in this position as Budget and Program Analyst (part-time 24 hours/wk) for Gloucester County is required.
To be considered for this position, a completed application with a minimum of 3 professional references must be submitted. (Note: Professional references are individuals who can attest to your job related knowledge, skills and abilities while working or in a volunteer capacity and are not family or personally related. Professional references should include job title, company name and address, phone numbers and email address if available.)
For a complete job description and to apply on-line, visit our website at: www.gloucesterva.jobs.
Gloucester County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EMPLOYEE UTILIZATION IN ADVERSE WEATHER AND EMERGENCY CONDITIONS
All Gloucester County employees are subject to being assigned to specific positions and tasks during a "Declared Emergency" as support personnel, by the County Administrator, the Emergency Management Director, or the Emergency Operations Plan (EOP). Once assigned, this would be the same as a regular work assignment and all policies and procedures for duty assignments apply. (Please see Gloucester County Administrative Policy 101.1 - Employee Utilization in Adverse Weather and Emergency Conditions.)
Deadline: 03/24/2019 @ 11:00 PM
Contact: Human Resources