Posted On: July 31st, 2019 by Gloucester County Government
Administrative Assistant – Emergency Management
PART-TIME GRANT FUNDED POSITION
This part-time position works 24 hours per week and may be required to work a flexible schedule that varies weekly to include nights and weekends.
The hourly rate for this position is $17.99.
Position is open until filled; review of applications will begin immediately.
Performs a combination of moderately difficult and responsible clerical, administrative and technical duties in support of the Emergency Management Department. Employee must exercise sound judgment, initiative and attention to detail in completing assignments. Employee must also exercise considerable tact and courtesy. This is a grant funded position and all work must be performed within the framework and mandates of the grant. Reports to the Assistant Emergency Management Coordinator.
Example of Duties:
- Performs clerical and administrative duties in support of the department. Retrieves and distributes mail; establishes and maintains files; makes travel arrangements; prepares payment vouchers and purchase orders; administers departmental P-card program; maintains financial records for the department; monitors expenditures; assists with budget development; orders office supplies; and schedules maintenance of office equipment.
- Maintains and manages inventory of department's emergency preparedness materials, supplies and equipment; verifies inventory record matches physical inventory; researches discrepancies and updates records as needed; coordinates procurement, storage and distribution of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains website for department, edits content and layout, organizes and uploads content; designs, compiles, maintain and releases department email alerts; and adds department events to Community Calendar.
- Schedules use of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) for meetings, trainings and public events; maintains calendar of events; and coordinates room set-up including door codes.
- Answers telephone and greets visitors; receives internal and external inquiries and provides information or refers inquiries to appropriate personnel, department or agency.
- Responsible for records management for the department; retains and destroys records in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations; purges documents for destruction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preferred possession of an Associate's degree, with course work in administrative support, technology, business, purchasing, or related field.
- Preferred minimum 2 years of experience in administrative support services.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule that varies weekly to include nights and weekends.
- Within six months must successfully complete the following training courses: ICS 100, ICS 200, IS 700, IS 800.
- Within one year, must complete the FEMA Professional Development Series or the National Emergency Management Basic Academy.
A resume and at least 3 professional references must be submitted with the online application to be considered. (Note: Professional references are individuals who can attest to your job related knowledge, skills and abilities while working or in a volunteer capacity AND are not family or personally related. Professional references should include job title, company name and address, phone numbers and email address if available.)
Click the link for a complete job description: Admin. Asst. - Emergency Management
EMPLOYEE UTILIZATION IN ADVERSE WEATHER AND EMERGENCY CONDITIONS
All Gloucester County employees are subject to being assigned to specific positions and tasks during a "Declared Emergency" as support personnel, by the County Administrator, the Emergency Management Director, or the Emergency Operations Plan (EOP). Once assigned, this would be the same as a regular work assignment and all policies and procedures for duty assignments apply. (Please see Gloucester County Administrative Policy 101.1 - Employee Utilization in Adverse Weather and Emergency Conditions.)
Deadline: Open Until Filled!
Contact: Human Resources