Posted On: July 9th, 2019 by Gloucester County Government
Community Engagement Coordinator
The hiring salary for this position is $43,681.00 +/- DOQ (annually).
The Community Engagement Coordinator performs administrative and clerical work planning, developing, coordinating, and evaluating school and community involvement and information programs. Work involves overseeing a comprehensive community school involvement program to include coordination of and oversight for school volunteer and community partnership programs; student enrichment programs; community use of the school facility two nights per week; study trips, speakers and community resources; and various school and county communications through printed publications and social and electronic medium. Employee must exercise independent judgment, initiative, and attention to detail in all areas of program planning and management. Employee must also exercise tact and courtesy in frequent contact with county and school officials and staff, students, family, and the public. Reports to the Director of Community Engagement and elementary school principal.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Assesses, plans, develops, coordinates and evaluates school and community involvement programs, services, and activities to meet identified needs; and plans and delivers speeches, workshops and presentations.
- Manages school volunteer and community partnership program which includes recruitment, orientation, training, supervision, recognition and evaluation of program participants; and plans and conducts trainings/workshops on effective volunteer management areas.
- Plans, coordinates, and evaluates student enrichment and enhancement opportunities to meet identified needs to include homework and interest clubs, tutoring and mentoring programs, and various other enrichment and enhancement programs.
- Schedules, coordinates and supervises use of school facility by school, county, community groups and local agencies; and communicates and enforces guidelines and procedures to ensure safety of participants and facility.
- Facilitates community resource utilization by identifying, compiling, and sharing community resources for study trips, speakers, outreach programs; and provides community services referral and information to school staff and community.
- Composes, edits, and publishes community/school newsletter and other informational materials for distribution; serves as media relations liaison by publicizing school and community activities; and promotes the mission, objectives, programs and accomplishments of the department.
- Utilizes various computer programs to compile and prepare information and data for reports and proposals; submits statistical and program information on a timely basis as requested or needed; and maintains accurate records on programs, services, and activities.
- Prepares and oversees program budget; compiles accurate financial reports; maintains accurate inventory of program supplies; and maintains and cares for equipment.
- Serves on school, county, and community committees as requested or appointed; and serves as school liaison to PTA executive board.
- Assists with departmental projects such as emergency service information, publications, department and county special events/activities and other projects as needed or requested.
- Serves as a trained member of the emergency public information center in the event of a disaster or emergency.
- Performs other related work as required.
| - Possession of a Bachelor's Degree in human services or an educational field.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in program development, volunteer management, or communications.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience, which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
To be considered for this position, your online application must include your cover letter, resume and professional references. A minimum of 3 professional references MUST be listed on the application. (Note: Professional references are individuals who can attest to your job-related knowledge, skills and abilities while working or in a volunteer capacity AND are not family or personally related. Professional references should include job title, company name and address, phone numbers and email address if available.)
Click the link for a complete job description Community Engagement Coordinator
Deadline: 07/24/2019 @ 11:00 PM
Contact: Human Resources