Community Email Group (general interest)
Receive NNConnection's E-Newsletter and announcements from registered organizations about community news and events. The E-Newsletter includes upcoming calendar events, a feature article on a subject of interest, and current news and opinion articles from sources throughout the area.
Affinity Email Groups (interest-specific)
Offers members an online forum to share ideas, concerns and resources for the early care and education of young children. ChildNet is moderated by InterCounty Childcare Connection, a childcare resource and referral program of the Virginia Cooperative Extension.
Network on Poverty
Provides for discussion of poverty and poverty reduction in the Northern Neck and offers members opportunities to share news about programs and identify resources. This list is moderated by VISIONS: Building Assets and Community, a duPont Fund initiative to develop strategies to reduce poverty through community conversations.
Provides for discussion of issues affecting law enforcement, fire, EMS, telecommunicators and others with an interest in emergency operations, emergency planning, and disaster support. Also serves as a tool for information sharing about programs, funding, research, conferences, training and jobs.
Provides a forum for discussion of issues involving seniors as well as an opportunity to share news and identify programs and resources.
Migrant and Seasonal Farm Workers
Addresses issues that affect migrant, seasonal and H2A workers and their employers. This list is moderated by the Rappahannock Migrant and Seasonal Farmworkers Council, a voluntary association of individuals and institutions involved in or having the capacity of providing services to assist migrant and seasonal farmworkers.
Start a New Affinity Email Group
We ask that you have between 15-25 individuals' email addresses in order to start a new email list, as well as an individual who is willing to serve as the email group moderator. Moderating a communication group takes very little time, but ensures that only appropriate messages are released to the group. Northern Neck Connection will provide moderator training and assistance with publicity.
Ready to Start Connecting? It's as easy as 1, 2, 3.
Send us an email at email@example.com with the following information:
1. Your preferred name of the email group (example: Network on Poverty") and preferred prefix for the email address _______[at]nnconnection.org (example: poverty[at]nnconnection.org).
2. A 2-3 sentence description of the email group's purpose.
3. The list of email members (names and email addresses), preferably in an excel spreadsheet, denoting which individual will serve as the email group moderator
• “Please Post,” “FW”, “RE,” or similar text
• HTML text
• Items needed (instead, please see Community Wish List)
• Advertisements for for-profit products and services
• Requests from job seekers (instead, please see Job Finder)
• Requests for donations
• Inflammatory language
• We reserve the right to reject any posts
Please note: Northern Neck Connection cannot edit messages. Messages that do not meet guidelines will be returned to the sender with editing suggestions.